Tuesday of last week (16th) was the last day of school. I received our ASB report for JagWire. Our balance was -$3,190. Not so good. I sat down with Brian and our ed board on Thursday to try and figure out what happened. We looked at our revenue statements, and compared them to the ads sold. We determined that we had collected $400 in ad revenue FOR THE YEAR! We sold almost $4000 in ads.
Tomorrow is the first in a series of meetings with the ed board to try to strategize about collecting our ad revenues. We'll see how it turns out. I've spent a good chunk of the day today putting together invoices. Tomorrow morning I'll need to write a generic letter to advertisers, and then the students will get to go collect the funds.
Without settling our account, it will be difficult to put out a paper next year. We'll begin with no ASB support, so collecting this ad revenue, selling ads for issue 9.1, and making sure those funds are collected is extremely important.