Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bike Adventures Day One



I dragged my bike out of the garage today, donned my various gear-lycra pants, helmet and gloves and went off on fairly brief jaunt on South Hill. Yes, I actually knew where I was going to go, and planned something that was short and fairly flat. Funny though, when driving a car the small wrinkles in the street don't seem quite so steep, but when you're old, portly and in less than optimum bike shape it doesn't seem quite that way.

While I imagined myself a bit like Lance Armstrong below,it simply wasn't to be. I went as fast as I could, which wasn't very. Nevertheless I did manage to do a bit better than the poor chap who looked to have plunked his two-wheeler in the Sunrise pond (I merely rode by and waved at the surrounding Canada geese.) Ah, me.

No comments: